Lunch & Yard
10:20 a.m. to 11:10 - Pre-K
12:50 to 1:40 - Kindergarten
12:00 to 12:50 - First grade
12:00 to 12:50 - Second grade
11:10 a.m. to 12:00 - Third Grade
11:10 a.m. to 12:00 - Fourth Grade
11:10 a.m. to 12:00 - Fifth Grade
- Breakfast is available, free of charge, to any P.S. 340 student.
- Children must be in the cafeteria at 8:00 a.m. – and no later - in order to have breakfast.
- PS 340 staff members supervise breakfast and bring children to class.
- Caregivers do not stay with children for breakfast.
Lunch from Home
- When sending lunch from home, please consider healthy choices.
- Students should not bring soda, candy, or large amounts of sugary foods.
- For safety reasons, please do not send drinks in glass bottles.
- We want you to know what your children are eating in school. Therefore, we do not allow food sharing. We will also ask children to put unfinished (non-messy) food back in their lunchboxes, so that you will be able to see if they are eating lunch, and make adjustments accordingly.
- Although the staff in the lunchroom will encourage children to eat, we do not force or pressure children.
- If your child does not have his lunch from home, he/she may get school lunch.
- Your child can eat school lunch on any day you choose. We will swipe his/her card in the cafeteria line, and the funds will be deducted from your account.
- Daily school menus are available on the School Food website: http://www.schoolfoodnyc.org/schoolfood/menusdailydisplay.aspx
- Lunch is free for EVERYONE.
- Students have time for snack in school. As you know, sugar can have a negative impact on children's behavior and ability to focus. Increased blood sugar levels are often followed by energy "crash" shortly thereafter. We encourage snack because we believe young children benefit from an energy boost during the day.
- To support your children's physical and mental health throughout the school day, please pack healthy snacks only. Please do not pack snacks like candy, gummies, fruit roll-ups, cookies, donuts and other sugary treats.
- For healthy snack ideas check out http://cspinet.org/nutritionpolicy/healthy_school_snacks.html
- We do not have refrigerators for children’s snacks, so you may want to include a cold pack.