Thank you for your interest in PS 340 - The Sixth Avenue Elementary School. We are currently not conducting in-person school tours due to COVID health and safety precautions. We may hold a virtual information session once the application season opens. Please fill out this form if you would be interested in attending.
Important: We are listed as The Sixth Avenue Elementary School (02M340) in MySchools. Do NOT add P.S. 340 (10X340) unless you are looking for the PS 340 in the Bronx.
Applying to Kindergarten and Pre-K for Fall 2022:
You can apply either online through your MySchools account, or by calling 718-935-2009.
All families with children born in 2017 can apply to Kindergarten
All families with children born in 2018 can apply to Pre-K
For more information on admissions, visit: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/enrollment/enroll-grade-by-grade .
- Confirm your zoned elementary school using this link.
- Create an account or log into your MySchools account at www.myschools.nyc and check that all information (address, birthday, etc) is correct.
- Very Important - If you have an older sibling who will be at PS 340 in Fall 2022, make sure they are linked together on your account so you can receive sibling priority.
- You can list up to 12 programs on your application in your order of preference.
- Submit your application by the deadline. You should be able to make changes to your application up until the due date. It is not first come, first served so take your time.
Admissions Priority: In District 2, priority admissions go to students who live in the zone. If space allows, students living outside the zone may be offered a seat off the waitlist in the following order:
Out of zone students who will have a sibling at PS 340 in Fall 2021
- All other out of zone students who live in District 2
All students who live outside of District 2
Gifted and Talented: PS 340 does not have a G&T program at our school.
All Other Registrations: Families living in the PS 340 zone with children entering First Grade through Fifth grade should contact Reni, the Parent Coordinator (917-305-1000) or email ReniM.firstname.lastname@example.org.