Each class has two class parents. The primary goal of a class parent is to help the classroom teacher, and to foster a feeling of community among the families in the class. Serving as a class parent is an excellent opportunity to connect to your child’s class. Responsibilities of the class parent may include:
- Helping the teacher with projects
- Creating a class directory and e-mail list
- Coordinating the class project for the PTA’s spring auction
- Organizing a parent potluck dinner
- Organizing an end-of-year picnic
- Forwarding PTA information to the class
- Soliciting volunteers for events and projects
- Notifying parents if additional supplies are needed
We encourage and support families to make social connections with each other. Early in the school year, families enjoy making play dates andarranging other activities with children and families. To that end, your class parent may compose and distribute a class list with contact information for all of the families in the class. Your participation is voluntary. The information in the class list for social school connections only. It is not used to promote business, advertise events, promote children’s classes, solicit information, or survey other parents.
The names of your child's class parents will be listed on the Class Page.